Thursday, October 29, 2009

Update on Tegan & Me

Well - after much deliberation I decided to call Tegan's pediatrician's office and see if I could have him tested for H1N1. I figured if he was positive I'd take the Tamiflu, if he was negative I wouldn't. I explained the situation (that I'm pregnant and want to avoid taking Tamiflu if I can and I'd like to have him tested) and the doc was happy to do so. The test was simple, just a nasal swab and 10 min later we knew that he DOES NOT have H1N1! YAY! What a relief that was and is!

Today the little guy is still "off". He slept most of the night, only up 2x with some grunts which often are predecessors of a bad dream/night terror (so I went in to comfort him before they escalated) and he was up right around his normal time at 7:15 (a little later than normal, but no much). His cough is still pretty yucky, but it's nice and productive (phlegmy for those of you who like specifics) and he's not running a temp. He still doesn't have his appetite back, but who would when you had yuck (a.k.a. boogers/snot/mucus/phlegm/etc) running down your throat into your tummy all night? My mom is home with him (typical Thursday daycare routine - my parents spend Thursdays and Fridays with him at our house) and reports that he's drinking plenty of juice, so he IS at least getting some healthy calories (and I buy the Bolthouse Farms juice/smoothies, so they are loaded with 100% real fruit and tons of vitamins and antioxidants).

OK - time for Casey and I to eat :)

OH, before I forget - I think I updated you all on here, but if not I was unofficially diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes for this pregnancy. I had passed my first 1 hour glucose tolerance test at 20 weeks (with a "score" of 93... not sure on the units) but at my 26 week test my "score" was 193 after just an hour which is quite high and would have generally required a follow-up 3 hour fasting glucose tolerance test. Being that I've already had GD (with Tegan's pregnancy) I had the option to just assume that I had GD and to move forward OR take the 3-hour test. To make things easiest on everyone we/I decided to just assume that I have GD and move forward with testing and restricting my carbohydrate intake. Things are going great with that and with my testing. My glucose readings are right where they should be (staying under 120) and I'm not overly hungry at all :) YAY!

OK, now it's really time to eat.
Love to all!
~j

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.